It’s Monday right? Oh wait… Summer has arrived and it looks like a lot of League members hit the beach this week. At least I hope that’s the reason! This week, the League was asked to take a peek at the social media account of a fictional character, and here’s what happened…
- Ashley at Life with Fandom wonders what it would be like if social media existed in the land of 80′s cartoons.
- Reis at the Lair of the Dork Horde proves that every Wookiee needs a Facebook account.
- Brian at Cool & Collected starts tweeting from Skull Island.
- Michael at Memories of Toymorrow also tackled the Twitter machine with some fictional 80′s icons.
- Rob at Action Figure Chat created a FB account for a cute character from a beloved video game franchise.
- Adam at The Man who Stares at Toys shows off the FB account of a time traveling teen.
- Dave Lowe declares that there ain’t no PARTEE like a THUGEE PARTEE!
- I have no idea what this Google+ thing is, and i have a strong suspicion that the Claymation Werewolf made it up.
- Kevin at Team Hellions is talking comics and raises some amusing social media scenarios.
The next assignment will NOT be posted later today–the League is getting a break this week, due to the excessive heat, which has fried the power generators. Crews will be working around the clock to ensure that things get back on track next week!
Around the League
Some other things that caught my eye this week on League member’s sites:
- Life with Fandom tries something different with Ashley’s favorite summertime driving songs.
- Join the Dork Horde now and you can enter Reis’ first give away.
- Cool & Collected is excited for the return of Hollywood Treasure on Syfy.
- Remember Bucky Ohare? The Man who Stares at Toys does.
Remember, to stay a League member in good standing, you should add some links to your fellow League members in your post to help spread the love. I’ll post the new topic later today!
If you’re playing along at home and want to join the League, all you need is a love of pop culture and a blog. Come join the fun, and tell your friends!