The Biggest Tournament in Pro-Wrestling!
It’s the big one. King of Trios. A tournament so big, so outrageously awesome, that the entire world of professional wrestling cannot help but turn and look when it rolls around. So far, 7 of the participating 16 trios have been made public, and the line-up is already stacked! Take a look at just some of the teams heading to Easton, PA for the eagerly-anticipated weekend of September 14 – 15 – 16:
1) THE EXTREME TRIO assembled by Tommy Dreamer represents the spirit of ECW, and Jerry Lynn (who retires later this year) and Too Cold Scorpio will make this epic threesome the team to beat this year!
2) Wrestling’s Most Dangerous Trio, F.I.S.T., will be a force to reckoned with as the configuration of Chuck Taylor, Johnny Gargano and Icarus are more than formidable!
3) They’re creepy in every sense of the word – and The Batiri are looking to cast their spooky shadow over all of wrestling, as Obariyon, Kobald and Kodama look to take the KOT crown in Easton!
4) The ever-popular Spectral Envoy were slowed down by a serious injury to Frightmare last year, but the frenetic ball of kinetic energy has bounced back and joined with Hallowicked and UltraMantis Black in their quest to become Trios champs!
5) It’s been a breakout year for rookie sensation “Mr. Touchdown” Mark Angelosetti, who captains a hand-picked team comprised of his step-cousin-in-law Dasher Hatfield and Matt Classic onto the biggest playing field of all: King of Trios 2012!
6) An injury prevented Commando Bolshoi from joining the stars of JWP at December’s JoshiMania event – but she’s all healed up and will partner with powerhouse Tsubasa Kuragaki and joshi sparkplug Kaori Yoneyama in September!
7) A trio representing Ring of Honor should come as no surprise – given that Nick and Matt Jackson, The Young Bucks, are our current Campeones de Parejas! They team with “The Prodigy” Mike Bennett, one of the company’s highest-ranked competitors!
Need a little more KOT? Watch this new trailer, with an Extreme surprise at the end!