Greg Pak was nice enough to send us this information. To all of our readers, you still have an hour to head over there and have your minds blown. Check out the details and some preview videos.
FRIDAY, OCTOBER 12
12:30 – 1:30 pm – Debuting the Vision Machine iPad App!
Speakers: Andy Ihnatko , Barrett Fox , David Libby , Greg Pak , Jonathan Coulton , Karim Ahmad , Phil LaMarr, David Libby, Ian Stynes
Description: Get a first look at the future of enhanced digital comics as writer Greg Pak (“Planet Hulk,” “Robot Stories”) and voice actor Phil LaMarr (“Futurama,” “Justice League”) debut the iPad app version of Pak’s acclaimed sci-fi graphic novel “Vision Machine,” which includes a full soundtrack, music, animation and amazing interactive features. And get a free copy of the “Vision Machine” paperback! Also featured on the panel: app developer Barrett Fox (Coco Studios), funder Karim Ahmad (ITVS), composer David Libby, sound designer Ian Stynes, and internet superstar musician Jonathan Coulton, who’s interviewed in app’s extras.
“…a haunting vision of hope.” — Ryan K. Lindsay, Comic Book Resources
“More than just a cautionary tale, Pak writes an entertaining and thrilling story as three friends face this new digital frontier together.” — Scott Cederlund, Newsarama
In the near future, three friends grapple with revolutionary change when Sprout Computers releases the iEye, a pair of glasses that allows you to effortlessly record, edit, and add special effects to anything you see — and share it with the world. And then the other shoe drops…
The acclaimed 2011 sci fi graphic novel from writer Greg Pak (“Planet Hulk,” “Robot Stories”) and penciller R.B. Silva (“Superboy”) has been transformed into a stunning multi-media app that revolutionizes the comics experience on the iPad with 3D and pinch-to-zoom interaction, gorgeous animation, a complete voice and music soundtrack, and live, real-world social features. The app includes:
• Dynamic panel animation and 3D elements created by Coco Studios.
• Pinch-to-zoom on every panel and a 3D rotation feature for special pages, allowing deep exploration of the art.
• Full soundtrack including voice performances by Phil LaMarr (“Futurama,” “Justice League”) and Eisa Davis (“Passing Strange,” “Robot Stories”) and music by David Libby.
• Live Twitter stream option allowing for virtual panel discussions using the #VisionMachine hashtag.
• Embedded “MORE” and “IRL” buttons that provide extra information about the scenes you’re reading.
• Fifty minutes of video extras, including an in-depth “Making Of” featurette and nine interviews with smart, funny people about the real-world ramifications of the story. Interviewees include internet superstar musician Jonathan Coulton, tech journalist Andy Ihnatko, and Duke University’s Jennifer Jenkins discussing the digital revolution’s effect on everything from copyright to artists’ livelihoods to privacy and surveillance issues.
The Vision Machine app is a co-production of Pak Man Productions, Ltd. and the Independent Television Service, Inc. (ITVS) with funding provided by the Corporation for Public Broadcasting. Publication of the original Vision Machine graphic novel was made possible by support from the Ford Foundation.
Vision Machine website: http://visionmachine.net