Its Monday and its time for another edition from the League of Extraordinary Bloggers. Started by Brian over at Cool and Collected, the League is a loose affiliation of bloggers that answers a weekly question as well as we can. This week’s theme was “Baseball”. That’s it, baseball, go where that takes you.
It took us from actual games, to movies, to video games to comics (that’s me). As with every week’s answers it has brought us all a lot of discussion. This is only the ninth week of the League and every one of us has seen a crossover effect from our fellow bloggers. Every single site below is worth your time. Grab a drink and sit back for an enjoyable reading experience.
I wanted to shake things up a bit with this week’s topic, and nothing is more sweaty palm-inducing than mentioning sports to a bunch of geeks. This week’s topic had the League bravely stepping up to the plate and producing some truly great memories of America’s pastime. We were talking baseball…
- TL at Flashlights are Something to Eat waxed nostalgic about how you can’t go home again (or something like that). He made me feel old. And sad.
- Lefty Limbo may have been afraid of getting hit by the ball, but he wasn’t afraid of an old Atari 800XL video game.
- Dex at AEIOU and Sometimes Why, went way back in time for his favoritebaseball arcade game.
- Ashley at Life with Fandom remembers baseball video games, but he also asks “Who’s on first?”
- Reis at the Lair of the Dorke Horde reminds us what it was like to be a kid in the early 80′s. (Nostalgia Warning!)
- John at Revenge from the Cosmic Ark has fond memories of playing a vintage nintendo game. (League vote: does softball count?)
- Paxton at the Cavalcade of Awesome put on his GM’s cap and assembled an all-star team of movie baseball players.
- Clarence at the Red-Headed Mule joined the League this week with hislineup of pop culture greats. Maybe he and Pax should go head to head?
- Jon at Double Dumbass on You might very well be the only true baseball fan in the League, and I his post made me want to take in a game.
- My head is still spinning after reading the Claymation Werewolf’s response. (Two points for being the first in the League to mention Tony Micelli.)
- Kevin at Team Hellions had to dig through a stack of comics before coming up with anything related to baseball.
- Brian at Cool & Collected struggled with this week’s topic, but finally came up with a sappy nod to one of his favorite movies.
I don’t know about the rest of the League, but I fell like I could use an ice bath and a massage after that week. I promise, the next topic will be a softball–we’ve all earned a little R&R after the last few outings (innings?).
Around the League
Some other things that caught my eye on League member sites this week…
- Excited to see TL talk about Arrested Development until realizing it wasn’t about the Bluth family. I miss Gob.
- Really digging Lefty Limbo’s skateboard art.
- Definitely check out Ashley’s new video series for collectors.
- Back in the day, Reis could have made a fortune with his Lite Brite Brutes.
- Every Nerd Lunch podcast is a topic I want to steal for the League, and this past week’s episode about Nerdy Lunchy Bucket Lists is no exception.
- …and I’ve been playing with my toys again and taking lots of pictures!