The Biggest Tournament in Pro-Wrestling!
It’s the big one. King of Trios. A tournament so big, so outrageously awesome, that the entire world of professional wrestling cannot help but turn and look when it rolls around. So far, 7 of the participating 16 trios have been made public, and the line-up is already stacked! Take a look at just some of the teams heading to Easton, PA for the eagerly-anticipated weekend of September 14 – 15 – 16:
1) The Extreme Trio assembled by Tommy Dreamer represents the spirit of ECW, and Jerry Lynn (who retires later this year) and Too Cold Scorpio will make this epic threesome the team to beat this year!
2) Wrestling’s Most Dangerous Trio, F.I.S.T., will be a force to reckoned with as the configuration of Chuck Taylor, Johnny Gargano and Icarus are more than formidable!
3) They’re creepy in every sense of the word – and The Batiri are looking to cast their spooky shadow over all of wrestling, as Obariyon, Kobald and Kodama look to take the KOT crown in Easton!
4) The ever-popular Spectral Envoy were slowed down by a serious injury to Frightmare last year, but the frenetic ball of kinetic energy has bounced back and joined with Hallowicked and UltraMantis Black in their quest to become Trios champs!
5) It’s been a breakout year for rookie sensation “Mr. Touchdown” Mark Angelosetti, who captains a hand-picked team comprised of his step-cousin-in-law Dasher Hatfield and Matt Classic onto the biggest playing field of all: King of Trios 2012!
6) An injury prevented Commando Bolshoi from joining the stars of JWP at December’s JoshiMania event – but she’s all healed up and will partner with powerhouse Tsubasa Kuragaki and joshi sparkplug Kaori Yoneyama in September!
7) A trio representing Ring of Honor should come as no surprise – given that Nick and Matt Jackson, The Young Bucks, are our current Campeones de Parejas! They team with “The Prodigy” Mike Bennett, one of the company’s highest-ranked competitors!
8) Our Director of Fun, Wink Vavassuer, put his complex “CHIKARAbermetrics” system to work and came up with a trio of ants that he things make for an optimal threesome! Even though Soldier Ant has been at war withThe Swarm for most of Season 11, he has now been assigned the partners of deviANT and combatANT!
9) When the Greatest Female Wrestler of All Time calls and says it is time to put the trio back together, formerCampeones de Parejas Jigsaw and his mentor “The Master of a Thousand Holds” Mike Quackenbush aren’t about to object! See Manami Toyota reunite with her partners from last year’s King of Trios in what is scheduled to be her only 2012 appearance in the United States!
10) Think of some REALLY scary dudes. You’re thinking of The Warlord and The Barbarian, right? Yeah, us too. Then imagine that, despite all odds, that Meng is coming out of retirement. Just for one weekend. And he wants to team up with those two guys. The Powers of Pain? The Faces of Fear? No. These three men are The Faces of Pain, and someone is in for a world of hurt come September 14th.
11) Our promotional partners at Osaka Pro Wrestling have put together the wackiest trio we’ve seen in a while. And we love it. Assemble for Easton – Kikutaro! Ebessan! Takoyakida! Can these three sensations, best known for their zany antics, convert their crazy chemistry into tournament wins?
12) The fastest-growing joshi group in Japan, Sendai Girls, has assembled a star-studded trio of their very best to represent them at King of Trios 2012. Head trainer Meiko Satomura teams with her two top traineesDASH Chisako and Sendai Sachiko in an effort to win the world’s attention at the biggest tournament in all of pro-wrestling!
13) Wink Vavasseur decided that the members of 3.0 should team with Gran Akuma, and while these three athletes make for an unlikely trio, their winning ways these past few months are beyond refute. While they have done well making the best of a strange situation, they’ll need to do more than that to triumph over 15 other trios in September!
14) This isn’t the classic incarnation of The Colony, but rather, the version ordered by our Director of Fun. Returning from injury, Fire Ant will combine with regular partner Green Ant and rival assailANT to face a deck stacked against them at the biggest and most prestigious tournament in all the land!
15) The lure of King of Trios 2012 has coaxed the ever-popular 1-2-3 Kid back into the fold, as he teams with fellow World Wrestling Federation alumnus Tatanka and “The Porugeuse Man o’ War” Aldo Montoya!
Need a little more KOT? Watch this official trailer, with an Extreme surprise at the end!